Alcarin Mother of Dreams, Guardian of Dreamers, Lady of Souls Character/setting musings by (http://foxlee.arts-eclectic.com) Alcarin is possibly the least-known and least-accepted of all the Gods. Worshipped many years ago by some of the barbaric tribes that later formed Tiatania, she is now known only to a few, mostly Tiatanian Druids. Her followers claim that Alcarin is the last of the Lantians, who ascended to godhood after sacrificing her life in an effort to save her people. Her efforts came to nothing, however, and in her sorrow she created dreams, both beautiful and terrible. She became the guardian of dreamers, watching over sleeping furrs until they wake; more importantly, it is she who comes to guide the souls of the newly dead, gathering them in her arms and carrying them to the next world. Alcarin is depicted with surprising uniformity amongst her worshippers, though this may simply be because they are so few. She is shown as beautiful woman with the ears of a rabbit, the tail of a fox, the gleaming horn of a unicorn, and glorious feathery wings. Her flowing hair is the same pure white as her fur, woven with threads of gold and silver; her clothing is loose and fine, the ends tattered. Her expression is one of subdued sadness, mourning for all the deaths she has seen. Not to anybody’s great surprise, the Arraish Inquisition hates and reviles the worshippers of Alcarin. It is the Inquisition’s claim that the Lady of Souls is a myth, and that Alcarin herself was merely a magic-using heretic who was captured by their forces long ago. They say that after the woman’s execution, her companions used her unusual appearance and beauty to create her as a Goddess, in revenge for her death. The truth of Alcarin’s nature is unknown, though the few believers who follow her do so with great faith. Some seagoing or warlike furrs pay tribute to Alcarin before a long voyage or battle, but this is usually only a token, in fear that the venture might be their last.