A Quiet Night In...

A Team Excalibur Omake post!

(Scene 1: Jon's room, night. Fox is lying on his bed, watching TV. Falcon is leaning against the wall. Jon walks in.)

Jon: Hey... whatcha doin'?

Fox: Shh! This show is really good! *Sings along to Fly Me To The Moon*

Jon: What's on next?

Fox: A new anime series. A Pokémon spin-off called Pokémon: Team Excalibur.

Jon: Uh-oh. Referring to the team as characters in a TV show... that's a bad sign... and I'll bet this post is written in script form, too!

Fox: Hmm... *Pulls out copy of script* ...yep. It would appear so.

Jon: Dammit! We've been sucked into another one of those omake posts!

Fox: What's so bad about omake posts?

Jon: Are you kidding?! Last time your crazy player wrote an omake post, I ended up in Rei Ayanami's plug suit! And she wasn't in it at the time!

Fox: Shh! Nobody knows about that yet! She still hasn't finished it...

Jon: Then what the hell is she doing writing this?! *Taps front of screen* Hey, you! Yeah, the one with the weird nose! Get back to work on the Eva crossover or I'll come out there and kick your ass!

*A giant panda (who will look very familiar if you watch Ranma 1/2) falls on Jon*

Fox: First lesson of omake, Jon - never harrass the writer, especially when she's still writing it.

Jon: Uuurgh...*Twitch, twitch*

Fox: Anyway, let's get back to it...*Hands Jon a sheet of paper*

Jon: Whassat?

Fox: That's what we're doing this post - playtesting the Team Excalibur® Drinking Game!

Jon: What's in it?

Fox: I dunno. I saved it until you got back, since we're such good friends. *Thinks* This damn well better be omake, 'coz otherwise I'm gonna hafta beat up the writer for that last bit... *Sees shadow cast by something large hovering above her head*... Ur... that is... I'd never even dream of doing anything so violent to my beloved player... really... honestly... please don't kill me... *Shadow disappears* Phew...

Jon: *Reading* The Team Excalibur® Drinking Game - first person to finish their drink wins! To play, you'll need some episodes of Pokémon: Team Excalibur and a bottle of alcohol for each player. *Hands Fox a bottle* There y'go...

Fox: Vodka? That's a bit extreme isn't it?

Jon: *Shrugs* Hey, it's omake! We're invincible!

Fox: I'd be quiet, unless you want Mr. Panda to fall on you again...

Jon: *Goes back to reading* Take one sip if: Fox gets mad at Jon;...

Fox: We're gonna get sooooo smashed here...

Jon: *Reading* ...Falcon makes a smart-ass comment (two if it's out loud);...

Falcon: *Aloud* Excuse me, but I can speak out loud too, you know...

Jon: *Reads* ... Somebody teleports somebody somewhere (two sips if it isn't Mew, Kismet or Falcon); Somebody meets up with and fights their rival; Lyith goes into a swearing fit;...

Lyith: *Just a voice mysteriously coming from somewhere* I resent that!

Fox: *Reads* ... Fox uses Shinji in a battle; Tessa gets mad at Mew; Tessa blushes over Kyosan; Jon blushes over Fox;... Hah! didja hear that, Jon?!

Jon: *Reading the next line over her shoulder* ... Fox blushes over Jon;...

Fox: D'oh...

Jon: *Reads* ... Somebody gets hospitalized or arrested;...

Fox: Say, that does happen a lot, doesn't it?

Jon: *Reads* ... Fox does something self-sacrificing for a pokémon;...

Fox: Hmmph! Can I help it if I care?

Jon: *Reads* ...Somebody is psychically spoken to by a pokémon; Andy calls out Squirtle/Wartortle; Thane tries to kill everybody; Team Rocket make a cameo (two sips if they don't get their asses kicked by the end of the scene); Kyosan gets upset at the presence of a raticate; Somebody has a prophetic dream; Somebody finds out that their pokémon has special powers or is unusual; Fox wallows in self-pity;...

Fox: Oh, now that was a cheap shot...

Jon: *Reads* ...Officer Junsa tries/fails to catch Andy or Fox; Falcon breaks down a door/wall/roof/some other part of a building; Daeg's dratini wins a battle and/or glows golden; Kyosan lends a pokémon to someone else; Fox gets mad at Falcon; Thane is seen in a trenchcoat/dark glasses; Masaki helps the team out; Shinji is seen sitting on Fox's shoulder; Shinji gets mad at Jon/overprotective of Fox;...

Shinji: *Angrily*Rattata, atta-rat!

Fox: Quiet, Shinji... *reads* ...Tessa gets freaked out by the presence of a bug pokémon (two sips if she doesn't); Thane uses his fire powers (two sips if Jon retaliates by using his electricity); Any team member or pair of team members get separated from the group; Fox gets rained on; and lastly, if somebody finds/owns a sword. Well, that isn't so bad, I guess... if we were drinking something weaker, we might even stay conscious 'til the end of the episode...

Jon:*Points to the paper* What's that part?

Fox: Ooh! That's the 'scull the whole bottle if's... *reads* Scull the whole bottle if: Thane shaves his head;...

*Jon collapses into fits of laughter.*

Fox: *Reads* ... Tessa starts breeding weedle for a living; Falcon and Kismet become romantically involved cross-dressers;...

Falcon: Eep...

Jon: *Reads* ... Daeg turns out to be a psychic who has implanted the idea of PokéGods in everybody's mind, and the whole story so far has just been one big shared hallucination; Fox and Vance kiss and make up; Thane and Jon kiss and make up; Armin and Andy kiss and make up; Team Rocket capture Falcon, Kismet and Mew and take over the world; Rena ever makes another appearance; Shinji displays affection towards Jon; Officer Junsa says "well, screw it then" and gives up trying to catch everyone; The team give up pokémon training to form a law firm; and last but not least, Fox and Jon... *suddenly goes very red*... ur... that is... Fox and Jon...

Fox: Give me that! *Snatches the paper and reads* Woah. Ur... actually, in all honesty, I don't think I could actually bend on that angle... is that even humanly possible?!...

Jon: A-hem. Let's just play the game, shall we?...

(Scene 2: Jon's room, morning. Fox and Jon are lying on Jon's bed, both looking very ill and moaning miserably. The rest of the team is scattered around the (crowded) room, watching them with some amusement. The noise of somebody hurling is coming from the bathroom.)

Kyosan: So, I take it the playtest was successful?

Fox: *Holds her head and groans* Not so loud...

Lyith: You both look pretty damn awful... but who won? You or Jon?

*Falcon staggers in from the bathroom, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, and collapses with an almighty thud.*

Jon: *Sighs* Falcon.