The Chosen

Series Disclaimer

Boring Legalities

Oh, come on. If I owned Sonic, Tails and the others, d'you really think I'd be sitting here writing fanfics? They, and all related places, characters and otherwise, are all ™ & © SEGA and Archie comics (even Prince Elias...*sob*). Other than that, The Chosen is a completely original series. Original contebt is © Fox Lee 1999-2002.

Rating

For the benefit of the young or the violence/language/gore-sensitive types. Overall, this series will probably warrant a PG rating. You will see blood, you will hear the occasional curse, you will witness violent fights. I write that based on the first part, so if other installments vary, I'll let you know. And I hear Australian censors are less sensitive than Americans...

Timespan/Setting

Five years after King Acorn's return as portrayed in the Archie Comics, or in the near vicinity of it. I have only followed their storyline up to issue #73 (as in, I have disavowed Sally's Ascension in the Girls Rule special - that would just destroy my beginning ground completely). However, Robo-Robotnik is absent. I guess it's what the Archie Sonicverse might be like if he'd never shown up.

In this series, I have subscribed to the Archie Sonicverse with my usual exceptions: the Chaos Emeralds are different colours, STAK are as they appear in Sonic Adventure (orange Tails, etc.) but are without Big the Cat. Also, as I mentioned before, Robotnik (or any alternate versions of him) are gone. Just so you know. Also, I don't know the situation Archie have set up on the Floating Island - something to do with zones and Guardians, but I dunno. I couldn't afford to buy the Knuckles series. As it stands in these stories, the only reference made to it is to the Forbidden Zone being utilized by King Acorn as a sort of prison.

Synopsis

It has been five years since Robotnik's downfall, King Acorn's return, and Mobotropolis' rise, once again, to its former greatness. But all is not well in the land.

Prince Elias, next in line for his father's crown, finally dares reveal to his father that he has no desire to be king. Furious, the aging monarch casts his rogue son out, banishing him from the kingdom of Acorn. And though the young prince believes so, he is not alone.

Meanwhile, Mobius' underworld has risen along with its ruling kingdom. Stalking the prince is the beautiful and deadly bounty hunter Jessalyn Oregon, whose great pride is that she never misses a mark...

The Chosen One. The Wanderer Prince. The Huntress. All will be needed to save Mobius from the new age of terrors. All are The Chosen.

Gimmicky promo stuff

Here's where I plug my first fanfic, the award-winning Sometimes We Bleed! It's up at my homepage, Fox Lee Studios, and if you like this one, it's definitely worth a read. Also, keep an eye out for my future projects - there's Chaos Island, Cry for the Moon, Mobius: The Shadow Years and Light Resurrection all in the works! And, of course, be prepared for a new installment of The Chosen every month!